This past weekend I had some friends get married and so I attended two receptions. One of these parties was at the chapel next door to the temple. Some of us stayed to help clean the building a bit so when we headed out to leave there wasn't any cars in the parking lot and there was two very beautiful, very different views. I am one that thinks Las Vegas is a beautiful city. I love looking at all the twinkling lights and buildings. This was one of my views and it made me smile. Vegas is "home" for me and I have come to love it! My other view is actually the first one I saw as I left the building and the more awe-inspiring. The temple was still lighted and glowing with a sacred and reassuring luminescence. "I love to see the temple!" It calms my soul and makes me happy. I think that this contrast is one of the reasons I have loved growing up here. I especially like to be up on Sunrise Mountain where I can see both worlds in their very different splendor. It makes me think! :) It is fun to see life from different perspectives. These are just some thoughts I had Saturday and wanted to write them down. Life is great and I am so blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great post! Very good insight on everything. I find it interesting that the best view (at least that I know of!) of "Sin City" is from the LV Temple. It is an interesting contrast and such a beautiful temple!
Brady what up Dog! I'm so glad I found your guys' blog. I can't believe you guys have been married for 18 mths? already. Time flies. I'm so glad you guys are doing good and are happy.
Corynn
Post a Comment