
This past Wednesday I was able to take my first trip to the Gilcrease Orchard. I hav

e always wanted to go ever since my little sister went there on a field trip in elementary school (she just graduated high school so you can see how long it has been). This is an orchard in Las Vegas where you can go and pick your own produce and pay much less for them. I went with my mother-in-law, sister-in-law and 2 of my nieces. I love hanging with my in-laws! We had such a great time hunting for some good apricots (and zucchini, yuck!) that had not been eaten by birds. We found a section that was loaded and so we loaded up. I have decided that I love picking fruit, and that bringi

ng kids makes it even more fun. They loved to see the plants and select the fruit they wanted to take home. They are getting so big. I had to get up super early though, which I am no longer used to, but it was well worth it. The weather was beautiful. It was overcast so not too hot and the wind had not picked up yet so it was nice. We also got some fresh 100% apple juice. It is really yummy. I also got more apricots than we can eat so I can try

my hand at drying them. My grandma would always dry apricots from their tree and it was one of my favorite treats, so I am going to try it. It seems pretty easy so it will be sad if I mess it up. :) I'll let you all know how they turn out. Thanks Ronda for sponsoring my fruit drying attempt! If they are good I'll bring you some. Teja is getting pretty good at photography! She took the pictures of me and of Brandi and Roc all by herself. :) Kids today are way more technologically savvy.
4 comments:
That does look like fun and what a fun place to take kids! Where is this place at? I didn't even know it existed!
You look like you had fun! Your nieces are so cute. :) Is this the orchard out in the Northwest by Arbor View High School?
Ooh that sounds like fun! I would like to go pick some fruit. I love your graduation pictures! It is very exciting and I am glad that you walked. I think that is muy importante since you have worked so hard. Thanks for helping last night at the wedding! I really appreciate it. And I saw your dad at church today, so I know who he is now!!
Hey, what's new with you guys? Anything exciting? I feel so out of the loop...
Post a Comment