This weekend was pretty full and fun for us. We started it off by going to visit Grandma T since she is going back up to Idaho to be with my aunt tomorrow morning. She will be gone the rest of the summer so we wanted to go hang out with her. We had an added treat because my cousins Sydney and Isabel were there. We had fun playing the Wii and Grandma's new game Wii Fit, which is really fun and pretty difficult. It would be a good, fun workout if we weren't messing around so much (some of it was still pretty hard). The balance games are the best! We also had a traditional weenie roast. They have gotten a bit more sophisticated since I was young. We have a formal fire pit and nice metal roasting sticks. Back in the day we would build a fire where ever and then sharpen actual sticks from a bush/tree to use as roasters. During these hot dog roasts is where I learned how to make a fire. I remember I was so impressed that my grandpa could lite a match by running it down his pant leg. I still think it is pretty cool! I learned a lot from him. :) Grandma also took us to see the new Disney movie Walle out at the little Overton theatre. I love that theatre, but the movie was pretty boring so be warned. The first half of the movie there is no speaking just robot noises that you may or may not be able to decipher. My cousins didn't even like it that much.We still had fun though and of course we took a trip to the ice cream store, yummy! Overton now has a shaved ice stand too. I am surprised that it took this long for someone to start one up. They have some pretty good flavors and who doesn't like shaved ice? I am sure they will do well. They were at least busy while we were there. We always gets lots of treats when we go to Grandma's. We are going to miss her this summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment