Monday, June 30, 2008
Boston/Styx
Saturday night we went to the Boston/Styx concert. It was so much fun!!!! I think this was my first rock concert. All the other concerts I have been to were country artis
ts. Brady and I went with my dad, his friend Russ and his date, my dad's friend/my mom's cousins Ron and Terry, Michael and his girlfriend, Cortney and her boyfriend, Michelle and her boyfriend, and Zac. We were a pretty big group. We sat in my favorite seats for UNLV basketball games. It was even the same section! We were on the balcony in section 216. We were right in front of the stage just up a
nd back and it was perfect. Plus the tickets were only $25. Thanks Dad for sponsoring this outting. :) I did not know Styx very well, but they were awesome performers. I even liked their segment better than Boston, which is saying a lot because I LOVE Boston! It was funny at the beginning of just about all their songs I would turn to my sister Cortney and say, "Oh, I think I know this one." A few minutes into the song sadly I realized to myself that no I didn't know "this one." This happened until they sang the words, "Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me..." I then turned to Cortney and shouted, "Ah, I know this one for real!" I was excited that I new and could sing along to at least one of their songs. The Boston portion was pretty good. It was amazing when they would sing one of their big hits, but for like an hour they played instrumentals and songs that I had never heard of. Lots of people left, but we stuck it out. This was good because their encore was awesome! The guy who plays the key board as well as the guitar is spectacular! He is soooo good! We had a blast!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Fun! Hey, where does your dad work? Way to go for biking to work! I want to do that, but I think I would pass out before I'd make it to summerlin. Oh, guess what? I am an indian giver. ha ha... I need that center piece back. My mom thought she bought them. She was wrong however. I only need the glass part though. You can have the sand, candles, and sticks. Woo woo. I will call you though and come get it from you or something. Sorry! ha ha
Brad loves Styx. He's been to several of their concerts (but not since we've been together). I'm sure he'd love to go again someday. Glad you all had such a great time!
Thats hilarious! We went to and Im posting a blog about it tonight. Wasnt Come Sail Away so good?!
Post a Comment