Our Turner family has started an annual family reunion, usually held in Park City. We started this just after my grandpa passed away. It is such great fun! This year the cabin we rented was just outside Heber City. I was pretty skeptical about this locale, but it turned out to be AWESOME! The cabin was 8000 sq. ft and very foresty. The only bad thing about it was all the dead animals on the walls. It creeps me out! The had all sorts of skins and heads everywhere. No good, but I did a good job ignoring the decor. We started this adventure Friday morning. Brady, Cortney and I headed to Overton to drop off our Jeep and take off on Grandma's Highlander. Grandma wanted us to bring her car to her, which worked out great cuz our jeepy needed a rest from big long Utah trips. It seemed to take us forever to get there, because we made a billion stops. We stopped in Overton, of course and got some ice cream for the road, then we stopped in some small town just before Cedar for gas then in Cedar to eat then Beaver for more gas and I got my favorite carmel popcorn. For our next stop we met up with the other car carrying my dad, mom, Zac and Mike and headed to some random town just pasted Provo that housed the Cabela's store. That is a sportsman's store with a ton of hunting and outdoors stuff. They also had rooms of elaborate displays of yes you guessed it dead, stuffed animals. It was weird, but my dad was in heaven. He loves those stores. After that we finally made it to Salt Lake where we attended an MLS game between Real Salt Lake and Colorado Rapids. It wasn't quite the same as going to LA, but we had fun and I didn't even yell too much, at least being in Salt Lake I knew I wouldn't get us killed like I easily could do in L.A. Colorado is pretty crapy! Brady and Mike considered a walk-on try out. They are better than the players we saw. It was kind of sad so maybe that is why I didn't yell at them as much when they would flop and roll around like babies. I really wish soccer players could be tougher and not allow that "strategy" to taint the sport. Really have some confidence in your ability to keep the ball and play well instead of just falling down hoping to get a call because the opposing player is better th
an you. I tell you they are paid to play soccer not flop! I could go on for hours about this most annoying pet peeve, but I'll spare you any more. The game was extra fun because Brady's friend from club soccer plays for Colorado. He played hard and did well so that was fun. They took him out after the first half and we were pretty confused since he was one of the few who were doing well so Brady texted him to tell him he played well and they shouldn't have taken him out, and to our surprise he responded right then and explained that the turf (they played at U of U stadium) is bad for his knee so it was a strategic move, and thanked us for coming. It was funny! I didn't know players had their phones during a game. After the game we headed to Heber City to try to find this cabin. The directions were pretty easy until we got inside the gate of the community. The road signs were so small and hidden in trees. We were following my parents and they missed the turn so we had to go chase them down and make them turn around, but other than that mishap we got there fairly easily. I love hanging out with family especially when I don't get to see them very often and also when they are Super BYU fans and we get to mess with eachother about that. This season my reply is, "Just wait for basketball season!" :) 
This pic I took while we were walking the mile to our car. I think I like walking a bit more than Brady does. So sad!
No comments:
Post a Comment