Tuesday, September 30, 2008

So Promising...


Us at the tailgate
This past Saturday we went to our first UNLV football game of the season. Surprisingly, the Rebels have been doing very well and found themselves going into this game 3-1 and favored by like 3 & 1/2 points. I, however, having watched the past 5 years was not so easily convinced that UNLV had suddenly become good, and approached this game with low expectations. This turned out to be a good idea because the Rebels I know had a proud showing last game against UNR. It was disastrous! We started out ok, but it all fell apart. I wonder if we got a bit too confident in our abilities. I was glad to have some nieces there to keep me occupied. We tailgated with some of my father-in-law's friends. They all get season tickets and the same tailgate spot every year. They have been doing it since they all graduated from UNLV I think so it is quite the party! They even tail gate after the game until they are told to leave. We had fun and there were shockingly few fights, which is odd for a UNR game. Here are some wonderful pictures from that eventful night.

Austin, Elynn, Kennedy enjoying the game

Jerry, Leah, and Cody, GO REBELS!

I got to hang out a lot with baby Elynn, and she thought I was so FUNNY! I would make happy faces at her and she would laugh and laugh. Maybe she thinks I am funny looking. :) I don't care either way because it was so dang cute! I couldn't get enough of it. This is her smiling at me.

3 comments:

Alexis Treese said...

We watched the game with Casey's family and it was painful. We were so excited that first little bit. Man oh man!

scoot and sara said...

Someone sounds baby hungry! It would take years to rebuild that football team. I wonder how long their winning record will last.

kendal said...

That girl is so dang cute!