Saturday was a draining day. Most of the boys went golfing and to the BYU football game and the rest of us went to Lagoon. I spent most of my time in Lagoon-A-Beach, their water park. No where near as good as wet'n'wild, but a respectable effort except for th
e freezing c
old water. It was colder than the California Ocean in October. I really liked the tube slides though. I even got my mom to go on one. We had a good time and got ripped off, buying Icee souvenir cups and over priced arby's. It was a good time. I didn't go on the other rides because I didn't want to mess with the lines, so I hung out with my grandma on a bench, and did some people watching. We stopped in Park City, but it was so crowded and there was construction everywhere. I have never hated Utah more than during that time. I was so glad to get out of there and back to the cabin where there was no traffic. That night we were so tired! I crashed still in my bathing suit then woke up only after a couple of hours so uncomfortable so I got up, showered, got cosy in my jammies, jumped into bed and waited for sleep that never seemed to find me. I have not ha
d a more sleepless night in quite a while. It was awful, but luckily Sunday was a really laid back and calming day, as it should be. We had a make-shift church meeting in which my brother talked about his mission. Most of the family that was there missed his homecoming talk so it was nice for them to hear about it and ask questions. The rest of the day we watched some movies, which I got bored with. I was up in the mountains with beautiful weather so I didn't want to be inside doing something that I could do at home. So Brady and I decided to take a little walk. As we found out most of the land was private property so our adventures off the road were limited. We hiked
through the brush until we came to a "no trespassing" sign then we would turn around. It was starting to sprinkle so we were debating whether to head back or not. We decided to leisurely go back (secretly we wanted to get caught in the rain, which we did!). It started dumping on us a few driveways away and Brady said we should take cover thin the forest, so we tried it. We had fun trying to find a tree with thick enough leaves to slow the rain drenching us. It
didn't work very well and I figured that my mom would be starting to get nervous with us out in the rain by ourselves, so we jogged back to the cab
in and sure enough there was my dad, sister and mom on the porch looking to see if we were coming. I love my family! We were pretty wet, but I think that was the best part of the day! We sat around talking with family the rest of the night and then my grandma came to me and asked how we would feel about leaving right then instead of the next day because her sister had just called and told her that her mom who is almost 95 was on her way out and that she may not want to wait until morning to come. So we packed up and headed to LaVerkin. It was raining so hard at some points that we couldn't see anything. I was glad that I wasn't driving. I was scared, but we made it there safely and before Grandma Wilson died. She actually hasn't died yet, but it will be any time now. It is sad, but she is old and ready. So our weekend ended on a pretty sad note, but that is life. It provides, fun, laughter, happiness, sadness, closeness, love, frustration, annoyance, peace, and so many other emotions and experiences. So it really was a perfect weekend, giving all that life has to offer. I am so blessed to have my family. I see such great examples in each of them. They help me to be better and show me different characteristics that I want to develop. What a wonderful plan our Father in Heaven has for us on this earth, in our families. I am so blessed! I hope you all had a fun Labor Day weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a nice little vacation! I'll bet it was nice to get outta Vegas for a weekend. I'm sorry to hear about your great grandma.
It sounds like you had a really good time. Being with family is the BEST! I'm really sorry to hear about your great-grandma but at the same time I'm really glad you got to see her. Let me know if you need to talk or if you get bored and need to hang out with someone other than Brady :) Oh, and Emmett told me to tell you hi and that he misses you!
Post a Comment