(my grandma and her siblings)
I previously posted about the Turner Family reunion we went to Labor Day weekend and our adventure of leaving a night early so we could take my grandma to her mother who was dying. I don't remember all I wrote about that Labor Day Monday we spent there in LaVerkin so forgive me if I repeat anything. We got there a little after midnight Sunday night/Monday morning and my grandma went right into my grandma Wilson's room to let her know she was there. All Grandma Wilson could get out was, "Good" I don't think she even opened her eyes. She had not been very responsive for a day or so and the hospice nurses explained that this was a sign that the end was near for her. We actually thought she would not make it through that day because her heart was racing as if she was running and she had not had any food or water for a while, but she proved us wrong. She is so strong! I hope to one day have her strength. She held on all the way until Wednesday evening when she peacefully, surrounded by all her children passed away. we are so blessed to have had her in our lives here on this earth for so long. She would have been 95 in November, and what an example she is. I love my grandma Wilson. I was her oldest great-grandchild and even older than some of her grandchildren and I loved to go visit and eat pecans from her tree. Good memories. Her funeral was that Saturday (the 6th), and it was beautiful. There was lots of music and great stories of her full life. As sad as it was, it was one of the happier funerals I have been too. She was finally able to meet up with Grandpa Wilson and enjoy all her family that had already passed. It was good for her. The feeling there was drastically different from my grandpa's. That one was not happy at all. This is kind of morbid, but I think I want to die kind of slowly. I want my family to know its coming so they can prepare. I know that is not something one fully prepares for, but it would have been nice to have a heads up about my grandpa. I am not a fan of those types of surprises. Death has a funny way of making one appreciate life and living in the present, and enjoying our earthly experience. I am happy to be here, to get to learn and do things. What a wonderful opportunity! So here is to life and all that it offers :)
I previously posted about the Turner Family reunion we went to Labor Day weekend and our adventure of leaving a night early so we could take my grandma to her mother who was dying. I don't remember all I wrote about that Labor Day Monday we spent there in LaVerkin so forgive me if I repeat anything. We got there a little after midnight Sunday night/Monday morning and my grandma went right into my grandma Wilson's room to let her know she was there. All Grandma Wilson could get out was, "Good" I don't think she even opened her eyes. She had not been very responsive for a day or so and the hospice nurses explained that this was a sign that the end was near for her. We actually thought she would not make it through that day because her heart was racing as if she was running and she had not had any food or water for a while, but she proved us wrong. She is so strong! I hope to one day have her strength. She held on all the way until Wednesday evening when she peacefully, surrounded by all her children passed away. we are so blessed to have had her in our lives here on this earth for so long. She would have been 95 in November, and what an example she is. I love my grandma Wilson. I was her oldest great-grandchild and even older than some of her grandchildren and I loved to go visit and eat pecans from her tree. Good memories. Her funeral was that Saturday (the 6th), and it was beautiful. There was lots of music and great stories of her full life. As sad as it was, it was one of the happier funerals I have been too. She was finally able to meet up with Grandpa Wilson and enjoy all her family that had already passed. It was good for her. The feeling there was drastically different from my grandpa's. That one was not happy at all. This is kind of morbid, but I think I want to die kind of slowly. I want my family to know its coming so they can prepare. I know that is not something one fully prepares for, but it would have been nice to have a heads up about my grandpa. I am not a fan of those types of surprises. Death has a funny way of making one appreciate life and living in the present, and enjoying our earthly experience. I am happy to be here, to get to learn and do things. What a wonderful opportunity! So here is to life and all that it offers :)
1 comment:
You're so sweet, Melissa. I have the hardest time with funerals but it's so true that they're not that bad when you truly look at the big picture. I am so sorry for your loss though. Please let me know if you need anything! Love ya, girl!
Post a Comment