Saturday, August 16, 2008

Extreme Slip'n'Slide

For those of you who know Brady know that when it comes to recreation and fun he likes to take things to the next level. The most notable being fire cliff-jumping. (that I will have to explain another time, another post) Slip'n'sliding is todays topic. This form of "extreme" play is pretty popular here in Vegas. Last Saturday we decided to get with some friends and do a slip'n'slide. We first go to Home Depot and buy a huge 100-200ft tarp and then head to Desert Breese Park on Durango. They have huge hills surrounding their soccer fields; making this the prime setting for this extravaganza! We have done this several times, but this time we got there and there was this big group of oh-so-mature high schoolers doing the same thing. Their method was a bit less sophisticated as they attempted to wet the tarp with about 30 gallon jugs they had filled with water. We joined in with them, saving our tarp for another day, and sharing our technique of turning the sprinklers on to get the slide nice, wet and slippery. We had a great time. While we were setting things going another group came and we added their tarp to the end of the high schoolers to make a 200ft slip'n'slide. Some of them brought floating toys that they slid down with and Brady brought his sister's gymnastics wedge to make a kicker. People would go flying once they hit that jump. I surprised nobody got hurt. The worst was a tweaked shoulder. I was a bit of a party pooper though. There were too many people for me so I didn't end up going down the slide, but I wasn't alone. There was a tons of people. Even some people that were working some kind of a tournament taking place there came over to try it out along with a few younger kids. It was fun! We kind of held a community event. :) We usually get kicked out by the park police, but because of the tournament the park stayed open later. Metro did show up, but they seemed amused and didn't make us leave. We all ended the night by taking a dip in our community hot tub, and then off to our friends house to watch the recorded Olympics we had missed. I think it was the first of the swimming and some other stuff. I love doing things and having fun. There needs to be more fun and enjoyment in the world. It makes the hard times in life a bit more bearable. Happy playing!!!


What a bunch of studs!
(Brady and his brothers Kirby & Koby)
These pictures were taken with my phone and they turned out a lot better than I thought they would. Impressive.

2 comments:

Kara said...

That really is an extreme slip 'n slide! Looks like everyone had a fun time.

scoot and sara said...

That looks like so much fun! You should have called me!