Being that Brady finished his finals Tuesday and I finished my finals on Wednesday we decided to have a fun day Thursday to celebrate. We started with sleeping in, which was great! We headed out into the city and ate lunch at P.F. Chang's. There we ate yummy spicy chicken and broccoli and beef, and we finally used the gift card that I won at work over a year ago. We were then off to play golf at Angel park. We did the 18 hole putting course. We had so much fun, but I could barely get a double bogey and lost at least 2 balls in the water. I did win a few holes though and even birdied one! It was a beautiful day except for all the wind, but we still enjoyed it. After golf we decided to go try and use up some other gift cards we got at our wedding. We went to Pier 1 to see if we liked anything. Brady got tired of that store real quick and we didn't really find anything so I guess I will have to go there later without him. We decided to stop at Barnes & Noble to browse. We ended up in the children's section and bought some of our childhood favorites. For me we got Mouse Tales and for him we got Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb. He even read that book to me in the story area of the store, he loves it! We saw a bunch of other awesome children's books, but we figured we should wait til we have kids before we go and buy a book case full of children's books. After the book store we went to Walgreens to see if the employee appreciation card I got there 3 years ago still worked; it did and we got rechargeable batteries with a charger for what turned out to be $1.50! We did some more shopping, which included me looking dumbfounded in the make-up section. I thought now that I will be more of a professional I should live up to the social expectation and start wearing some make-up, trouble is I don't know anything about foundation, which is what I was trying to buy. I had to call my little sister for help. I thought it was pretty funny, and she did too. We ended the day by going out to eat with Brady's family at Mimi's Cafe. It was really good food and we had fun chatting with the fam. I
t was a great day! Here are some pics
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Having another semester under the belt is a good feeling especially for you since you're done! Looks like you guys had fun celebrating!
Melissa! I caved and started a blog. I can't wait til we can all actually play during the summer and not worry about school.
Post a Comment