
On 2 May 2010 Owen was blessed. It was very beautiful and cool. We are so blessed to have this little guy in our life. We are also blessed to have such wonderful family and friends who shared that moment with us. I am finally starting to get my groove as a mother and am loving it. I didn't love it at first; I didn't even like it very much, but I do now. Just in time for me to return to work. :) Funny. Another blessing we have is that Owen is starting to sleep through the night and sometimes without being held. The past 2 nights he has sleep 9hours on his own. Our boy is growing up! It is easier to be a mom when you get a little sleep. He is our precious boy and we are so grateful to have him in our family.

Would you believe I made that tie?! Well I did! I had Brady take an older tie that he doesn't wear that much and tie it with the small end in front. I then googled how to make baby ties and found this post and followed the instructions. This tie was one of Great-grandpa Okuda's ties; it was great that he was able to wear something that belonged to Jichan. My grandma is going to get me some of my grandpa's ties so I can make one with that. I love this tie and the 2 others I made. I can't believe I was crafty!
7 comments:
He looks so cute! That tie is hilarious. In a good way :) Great job on being crafty.
I'm so glad he's starting to sleep through the night. I'm very impressed with your tie! Go Melissa!
His blessing was so neat and we're so glad we were able to be there! He is getting so big and cuter by the minute:) SO glad he's sleeping, it's like a life changer when they sleep more!
Oh and also, LOVE the tie! I'm totally going to make some!!
GREAT job on the tie! I am thoroughly impressed...maybe I'll even try it :). And also, yea for sleeping through the night--it definitely makes being a mom a much happier experience.
That is such a cute family pic. I love how Owen is posing! He is so precious! Good job on the ties! We'll have to do a trade someday...I'll teach you bows if you teach me ties!
Hey, Okuda!
COngratualtion on your new born boy. We just had a boy 2! Hey, we are driving down to Vegas tomorrow. We will drive down to Vegas on Friday and stay a night at a hotel and come back on Saturday coz the hotel rate went up 10 times on Saturday. Do you guys still around in town? That will be cool to meet up and see your little one. Call my cell...801-362-3516
Shirley(Sun SHimai)
Post a Comment