Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back to Reality

So lots has been going on since the vacation. I was taken off probation 3 months early at work so now I am a full fledged employee who can use vacation days and everything. :) There has been lots of "So You Think You Can Dance" watching. It is my favorite show all year. I have to admit I liked last season better, but maybe that is because that was my first season watching. There is always at least one dance that makes me cry and we already have a winner, the 'Addiction' dance. It was so powerful! It broke my heart; that struggle is so real to so many people. On to happier things. :) Mike and Amber got married! It was a fun day, but lots of work and VERY HOT! Whose idea was it to get married in Las Vegas in the middle of July?! I was so wiped out that I slept 12hours the next day. I can't believe my little brother is all grown up! Life is crazy and I try not to hold it against him or Amber that they now live in Provo, yuck!

We made fun necklaces with the nieces with seashells we brought them from Shell World in Key Largo. It is fun having all little girls around.


We did some babysitting with kite flying and play dough. How lucky our family is to have so many relatives so close to always have babysitting. We have such fun with our nieces. They crack us up. Kids are funny!


We also had a fun Father's Day. It landed on my dad's birthday this year so we celebrated with the Turners most of the day but stopped by the Okudas leaving poor Kirby the only family member not present on Father's Day and of course he got loads of crap from everybody. Everyone thought it would be funny to not tell him "the news" since he was not there, but I could not do it for long, only about a week then I gave in. I felt bad! He was the only family member who didn't know.

And yes, you heard that right! I am pregnant! AAH!!! They keep switching my due date but as for now I am almost 10weeks and feeling... OK. No vomit, but I definitely do not feel like myself and am NOT enjoying being pregnant. I have never been so tired before in my life. I hear it will get better in a few weeks and I really can't complain because I haven't been that sick, but man nobody prepares you for this. :) When we first found out I was not sure how to react. I was in shock for about 2 weeks which is funny because this was not unexpected. I now bounce back and forth from excited to "what in the **** did we do" I am hoping as this progresses the excitement takes over a bit more. I am really nervous! I don't think it has fully set in yet. This will be a fun adventure and from what I hear kids are worth it. There will be nothing like it and I have prepared/waited for this time for pretty much my entire life. I just hope I am ready, which I doubt I am, but here we go!

9 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations! Moose and I wish you the best and hope that you start to feel better!

Kara said...

First... CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so excited for you guys. It's very hard, but so worth it. I can't wait for the updates. You better update more now :)

Second.... I 100% agree that last years SYTYCD was way better than this year.

scoot and sara said...

I loved your mom's and Courtney's reaction in the video! What a cute way to break the news! You are going to be the cutest little prego girl! I'm SO excited for you and yes, pregnancy is something you can't prepare yourself for. I hated it too. You really aren't yourself. Just wait until you feel and see that baby move in your tiny tummy and then it's all worth it. Yay yay yay!

The San Diego Mills said...

That's so exciting! Congratulations! I liked that you videotaped your families reactions. The first trimester is exhausting, I remember that. I'm sure you'll get your energy back really soon! Congrats again!

Lori Orr said...

Melissa, I have thought from the day I met you guys how great of parents you'll be, and I'm pretty sure I've said it more than a few times! I am so excited for you both! Your kids are going to be so stinkin cute!

Alexis Treese said...

ahhhhh!!! Im so excited for you guys... it definitely rocks your world and I loved the way you explained your experience so far because its identical to mine. I HATED being pregnant. I felt sick all the time and I was constantly wondering 'what the freak did I get myself into? I am so excited. Here comes the advice, the belly rubbers, and kind strangers that treat you like a queen-that part I liked of course!! email me if you have any questions on what to expect(that book is boring!) or what to buy or whatever! Alexistreese@gmail.com Congrats again and again; it's a crazy ride but so INCREDIBLE!!

Heather West said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am so excited for you two. Kids are definitly worth it. This means you have to blog a lot more about all the little quirks that come with being pregnant :) So happy for you!!

Seth and Eryn said...

Mel, I am so excited for you!! You are going to be such a good mom. No one prepares you for pregnancy or motherhood and all the crazy things that happen, but let me tell you, it's so worth it.

I am seriously so baby hungry, I might have my own announcement to make in a couple months! :) hahaha. Congrats!!!

Elise B. said...

Congrats!!! We're so happy for you two!