Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Prego

I guess I now have something interesting to blog about, or at least something I should document more so here it goes. We went for a doc apt last Friday and got another ultrasound. This one was pretty cool. We heard the heartbeat this time and the rate went up from 128 to 164 in 3weeks. I love that my dr has an ultrasound machine in his office. I already have 3pics of this kid. Anyway while the ultrasound tech was looking around at the baby we saw him/her jump and flail the little arms and legs, well they're more like nubs, but they were moving. This kid is squirmy. It made it all a bit more real, and it was fun to see. The tech said everything looks normal and this pregnancy should "stick". So that is good. I also lost 2lbs which I'm not too worried about since I read this is not unusual in the 1st trimester. Those books make me think I am not very good at being pregnant. It always talks about women who have questions and are worried about things, and most of the topics in the books I have not even thought about. I have too much at work to stress about, and I am too exhausted to do/think much about having a baby. I was talking with a coworker today who LOVED every second of being pregnant and it got me thinking. I haven't loved any of it; I don't like that I have not liked this process. So I am on a mission to change my attitude. :) To all you who have been pregnant would you mind sharing what you enjoyed about being pregnant? I know there has to be something good about it and that is what I need to focus on instead of the crap that is the 1st trimester, and I am sure there is even some positive things about this time. I want to rekindle the positive, happy person I used to be. Life has taken some air out of my optimism sails and I miss being genuinely happy the majority of the time. So my new goal is to be more positive and look for the good in all situations. I think that will give me more energy too, which I can definitely use!

8 comments:

scoot and sara said...

It's not just you. Pregnancy is not an easy thing. But I can't say I hated it. I just hated not having energy and feeling handicapped at times.
I wish I was one of those that loved it. The only thing I liked was feeling/watching the baby move. Second trimester is pretty alright because you feel decent and you're past the "is she gaining weight or is she pregnant stage." Good job trying to enjoy it. It really is an amazing thing that should be enjoyed!

Seth and Eryn said...

The 1st trimester is hard to love or to be a happy pregnant person. I loved the 2nd trimester. Especially when you find out what you're having, you feel the baby kick, and you're not so huge that you're uncomfortable all the time and you can sleep through the night without waking up to go the bathroom twice a night! I look back, and I think that I didn't enjoy my pregnancy enough, so I vowed to Seth after I had Preston that I would be the nicest/happiest prego woman with our next babies. I know it's hard, but you'll miss it when it's all over. :)

Mama! said...

Congrats! I'm super happy for you guys!

I HATED being pregnant- every second of it- until it was taken away from me... I still don't think I'm a huge fan. But it wasn't until my little O-man came 16 weeks earlier than he should have that I realized how much I missed out on not going full term. I had just barely started feeling him kick then he was born and I couldn't hold him, I could barely touch him. I missed out big time. I told myself I would never complain about it again- and I won't have to because we can't have anymore.

I guess I would just hope this could make you realize how lucky we are to be able to carry God's creations. You may have an easier time enjoying it knowing that it could go away at any time.

Jessica said...

First of all congratulations! The first trimester is hard. Your body is going through so much, so fast, you are fatigued and sicky all of the time, but there are things to enjoy...

enjoy:

Brady waiting on you hand and foot(let him baby you)

Seeing your little peanut head squirming around and being amazed that your body is actually making a person and falling in love with that little person.

Bigger boobs.

The anticipation of finding out what the sex is:)

Hang in there!

Lara said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!

You're Lovely Wife said...

Congratulations - so exciting!! Danny says "chill on the ultrasounds - it effects the cell division" - just his DC two cents. We are so excited for you!!!

Unknown said...

Totally exciting news! If Brent were writing this he'd tell you to throw away all the pregnancy books...they made me worry more than they helped. If you're looking for something positive, look forward to the second trimester and the beginning of the third. Really, the beginning and the end are the hardest part, but you'll survive it all. And, if all else fails, blame the hormones :)

ABBOTTLAND said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you guys. It does take a while to get used to being pregnant. Don't feel bad that you're not gushing about it all the time. I guarantee when you start to feel your little one nudge you from the inside, you'll be there :)
~Mandy