Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Fun


We had a good time for Christmas. I had to work Christmas Eve and the day after so It was a very busy day and a half trying to fit in all our family. We went to my parents for Christmas and holy cow we had a huge group. My mom invited one of her friends and her 2 kids and 2 of zacs friends came, not to mention Micheal's then girlfriend (now fiance) and Michelle's newly fiance. We were quite the crew. We had such a good time though. We had a yummy dinner and the usual pj opening. We then ended the night watching our traditional movie of "A Christmas Story" while drinking hot chocolate. That movie never gets old for me. I was so excited for this year because it was going to be the first year we didn't have to get up before 7:30am. However that was dashed when I learned that Michelles beau, Ryan, had to leave for work at 5:30am and we were getting up at 5am to have Christmas with him. It was not too bad and we all went back to bed for 3-4hours so we still got sleep. Hopefully next year though we can sleep in for real.


Christmas day we headed to Brady's parents and opened presents with them. It was a good day being with family. The past 2 years I have dearly missed one of my favorite Christmas traditions that I have not done since my grandpa died; this being a Christmas pinata. I LOVE doing this, and tired of not so this year Brady and I decided we would do a pinata for our neices as their present. It was a hit! I probably had more fun than the girls though. Our camera died so I don't have any pictures yet. My sis-in-laws are supposed to be sending some to me. The girls were so cute. The 2 oldest really got into it, and they all liked grabbing the treats that came out of out unicorn. We had a great day!

No comments: