I'm sitting here holding a sleeping baby who will not sleep unless he is in someones arms. I love him anyway. :) If you know of a good way to resolve this issue let me know. All I can think to do is let him cry it out, which I'm not sure I can handle. Here are some pictures of our last few weeks. I can't believe it has been almost 6 weeks, time flies when your exhausted. It's amazing how much I love this kid even when he is screaming and driving me crazy! 
Taking a nap with Daddy. Like father, like son.
This is O's handy work. Who knew someone so little could have such a large bladder. He peed through both diaper and pretty thick jammies.
We were trying to catch his 'cheerio' mouth. This is the end of it. I used to make the exact same face when I was a baby. He also does 'taco tongue'
Turner Grandkids
This was taken the day we brought O home from the hospital. It is crazy how much bigger Parker is. They are only 4weeks a part.
Okuda Grandkids
So out numbered!
4 comments:
It was so fun hanging out with you guys last night. It's nice to have adult conversation! :) Owen is so cute. This is a hard stage, I promise, it gets better! :) Let me know if you guys need anything--even if it's just some company! Seth is down for a World Cup party..haha!!
Letting them cry it out is extremely HARD, but it worked wonders with all our kids and they all slept through the night by 3 months! When you're really desperate for good rest, try it out by giving him 15 minutes. If he's still crying after that, go in and settle him down and try it again. It shouldn't take long before he gets the drill and given what a good baby you've said he is, he'll probably surprise you and not cry at all, just sleep ;). Good luck! This is a rough stage, but so many good things are yet to come and you're doing a great job!
Ok, so I had this with my younger son carter. Whatever way owen likes to sleep, (tucked tight in blankie, or arms out) I would put him in his crib with something that smells like you, (like jammies you wore the night before, as a blankie)and package him tight (like they do in the hospital)and then either wave sounds or heart beat sounds in the room. I had this, http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3393694 and it really was great. You are just creating a "womb" so he feels safe. Other than that, my motto, if he is fed, changed, safe... let him cry. take it from me, save your sanity now by starting early with "rules" about how far you are gonna accommodate, before he needs to work it out. Sad, but soooo much better.
He is the cutest ever! We definetly need to meet up sometime next week. Just as the others have said...it will get better.
Post a Comment