Tuesday, October 6, 2009

September

So we had the busiest September I have ever had in my life! It started with a trip to Salt Lake City on Labor Day weekend to attend a World Cup qualifier between the US and El Salvador. They built a new and very nice soccer stadium in Sandy, UT and they decided to hold an international game there. It is nice to have something so close so we have a chance to see the national team play in person. Brady and I agreed that it was the FUNNEST sporting event we have attended. The atmosphere was amazing and there were so many people. About 40% was El Salvador fans. We sat surrounded by them. It was funny. It seemed to go row of El Salvador fans then row of US fans and it would alternate for about 6-8rows. We all got along though. We have some players from the US team that started this game and whenever we would comment on their suckiness the ES fans in front of us would say, "have some faith" until El Salvador scored first and it was the sucky player's fault. Then he laughed. It was funny because after they scored he we said "see he is awful" the fan replied "ya but the US will still win. This is just a little treat for us." He was fun to be sitting next to. We had a great time! We spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa Okuda. It was nice and relaxing; a good set up for the next few weeks, which would be very much the opposite of relaxing. :)
Then Brady started real school, the first week was just orientation, and we started getting ready for Michelle's wedding. I must say we put a ton of work into getting everything ready. It was held at my grandma's house in Overton, which is very country and Michelle wanted a garden and she was very particular about what she wanted everything to look like. I wish I had taken pictures of the reception area because it was beautiful. There was even a fog machine for the "enchanted pathway" We spent the next weekend starting preparations and then the next week was the wedding and we worked for about 12 hours Friday and 8-9 hours Saturday putting the flowers together and decorating everything. I have to admit I am very proud of what we accomplished. I will have to post some pictures of everything once I find someone who took some. We were all exhausted and I am not sure if I have recovered yet, but it was beautiful! Michelle and Ryan were married in the pasture and the reception was in the backyard and for as tacky as that sounds I couldn't even recognize my surroundings. We did great!

The bridesmaids- I don't think anyone would guess we are related let alone that I am 7years older

The Sisters

This is the podium the marriage took place and the poles you can barely see in the background took forever to decorate. We strung crystal (not real crystal) balls on wire between each pole and so the sun caught them as it was setting. There were flowers everywhere! I love flowers. No words on the DI 3 piece polyester suit. I think he is one of the few who can actually pull it off. He loves that thing! Sexy! He was the DJ, well he at least announced what was about to happen. It was a long night, but good memories.

On the pregnancy front, things are going well. About a month ago my belly button started poking out. I wasn't even really showing yet. Now my innie is almost level with my belly. I am going to have the biggest outie by the time this is over. I am not even showing that much now. I did get my first, "your belly is cute" from someone who did not already know I was pregnant so I guess it is noticeable now. It is hard to think my belly will stretch much further. My skin seems at its limit though I know this is definitely not the case. I feel like I ate too much, that kind of full stretch. It's weird! I have started prenatal yoga and really like it. I am hoping it will help me in delivery, recovery, and losing the baby weight. We shall see. Still no name and it is my fault. I really don't like any boys names. I'm going to have to learn to soon! I have been reading about the "stuff" I "need" to get and wanted some input on what items were useful and which were not so if you have time please let me know the must haves and what I can do without. Time has flown and I am over half way done now. I can't believe that I will be a mommy soon, very soon. When did I grow up to be ready for this?!

2 comments:

scoot and sara said...

Haha...I love Brady's suit! looks like you guys have been busy having lots of fun!

Lauren Soffe said...

According to my calculations (and the similarity of our pregnancy symptoms) our due dates are pretty close! and we're both having boys! congrats to you guys! If only we still lived in Las Vegas and then our babies could actually hang out and grow up playing soccer with their daddies. Tell Brady hello and good luck with dental school. (If he needs someone to sympathize with, have him give Burke a call)