As you can see I am a bit behind, and this time it isn't because I have been doing nothing. It is because I have been busy. So posts will be forthcoming documenting the last few weeks, but tonight I have to skip ahead and blog about today. It started off as any other normal day. I woke up and went to work. I went and did some client visits by myself for the first time, and I didn't even get lost while driving to the nursing home. :) After a hard days work I headed home. Brady had made some chicken-noodle soup in the crock-pot which was great especially for his first attempt. Sadly Brady has been feeling a bit sick the past two days, but the soup and company helped. We ate and watched a few episodes of The Cosby Show season 1 that we netflixed. After that we decided to take a stroll to get Brady's stats book from the car and get the mail. This is where it gets good. We open our mail box and it is full of the usual adds plus some, as stores are pushing their products as Christmas presents. After I removed all the adds there were a few envelopes still in there. Brady grabbed them and shuffled through them. He came to a stop on one in particular that was addressed to him from UNLV School of Dental Medicine. :) You guessed it! He got in!!!! We are so excited. I started jumping up and down and we hugged (aw, it was a tender moment). I am so proud of him! Applying to dental school sucks and I am so glad our DAT days are behind us. Hooray! I just had to share and I made Brady not call anyone so everyone who wants to find out this information has to read our blog. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Congratulations Dawg!! That's good that you get to stay in Vegas too! I'm proud of you for really sticking to it... I know it seems never ending and is a pain in the butt. Anyways I'm the first to leave a comment so that means i'm the coolest ha ha. By the way this is the first blog comment i think i've ever left. Love ya dawg! congrats again
Congrats to the BOTH of you. :] Im excited that you guys get to stay in Vegas! Congrats, that's super exciting.
Whoo hoo congrats! I am glad he got in so soon:)
Congrats! That's awesome! Only four more grueling years but don't think about that.
Brady you're my hero! Hopefully I'll be seeing you there in a year or two. Congrats!
The Okuda family rocks! Congrats and Hooray!!! You are turning out to be quite the high achiever. I'm glad you get to stay in Vegas. Love you both!
so I got a text from Aaron saying to check this site...congrats to both of you. what a relief to finally know what your future holds (kind-of).
Aaron & Brit P*
I already made the congratulatory call, and I should be studying, but instead I'm saying CONGRATULATIONS again!! Sappy sappy, I'm so proud of Brady for working so hard, blah blah blah, I love you guys, yada yada, crazy happy you're not leaving me, we will celebrate after finals!!
Yeeeeaaaah! I, as your big sis, am so proud of you and happy for you! I KNEW you'd get in. Good job to Belissa too for being so supportive. Teja and Roxy will be happy that you guys are not going to move away anytime soon. By the way, you look exactly like that GoKu or Supersain or whaterver is on that game box. Love you both. WoooHooo! Brandi
Congratulations! It's such a relief when those envelopes containing good news come in the mail. Good luck!
When I got your text about juicy info, I thought you were preg. Hopefully that'll be the next post! I know I already told you guys this, but congrats! So exciting! I'm glad you'll be in Vegas for awhile longer.
Congrats! When I got a text to read your blog I thought it was for sure that Melissa was Pregnant. haha
Yay! Congrats you guys! When I got Brady's text last night I was sure this post was going to be you announcing a pregnancy. But this is still amazing!
Congrats to both of you! That's so cool you can stay in Vegas! I hope that is feels like your closer to the end even though this is the beginning. Good Luck!
Post a Comment