Friday, October 14, 2011

Oregon Coast/School break

For Brady's summer vacation we headed up to Utah to visit Brady's Grandparents since we didn't make it up there for the reunion. We started in Bountiful and had fun hanging out with Bachan and Jichan. We played pacman and went to the rec center pool and had a great time. We then went to Coalville to visit Grandma Brooks. We didn't get a picture with O and Grandma Brooks which is a bummer. I can't believe I forgot. It was a quick but fun little trip.
About a week later Brady and I went on a kid free vacation to the Oregon Coast. Yes I went on my dream vacation! It was perfect; we just wanted a relaxing vacation that was more rejuvenating than exhausting. Most of our trips are so full of activities that we are more tired after them, but not this one. We walked along beaches and through small coastal towns and visited the Gooneys rocks where Brady chased some crabs in the FREEZING water. We started out in Seaside which was nice but geared more toward families with older kids like 8-14yrs. Brady loved playing Fascination which I had never heard of before, but it was pretty fun. We then headed down to Depoe Bay which was gorgeous! Our hotel was right on the water on a cliff of sorts and we saw whales from our balcony. It was just what we needed after such a crazy year of school! Oh and I painted my first painting while in Depoe Bay. A local artist did a class at our hotel and I went. It was so fun and when my kids get a bit older and I have more free time I think it will be my hobby. I loved it!
The pictures are out of order a bit but Blogger is being dumb and keeps deleting them if I try to move them :)

1 comment:

scoot and sara said...

So glad you got to go on a fun vacation! You look so gorgeous pregnant...Not fair! I'm excited to see pics of your new little guy! Wish we lived closer so I could visit after he's born and we could hang out. Good luck with everything!