Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

Our little Super Saiyan...Kamehameha!


This year for Memorial Day we went with the Okudas to Mt. Charleston and did the Little Falls hike at Cathedral Rock. We were a bit worried it would be too cold, but it was perfect! There was some snow though, but as long as the sun was out it wasn't cold at all. I even took off my jacket after about 5min of the hike. O loved being outside and playing in the dirt. He would pick up a small stick and walk over to a tree and whack the low branches; in almost every picture we took he had a stick in his hand. He also liked to play in the stream. He actually walked up most of the mountain, and was carried down, but for a 1yr old he did awesome! It's fun how much he LOVES to be outside doing just about anything. He is such a fun and spunky kid. After the hike we had a picnic and the kiddos played in the woods. I love having a mountain so close that offers such a contrast to the Vegas heat and desertness. We had such a fun day!

O loves his water!


At the top by the waterfall and snow.



With his stick :)





Playing in the snow with Grandpa, so fun!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Owen has gotten so big and I can't believe how blonde his hair is!

Kara said...

Oh little boys and their sticks :). It sounds like he did pretty amazing and I'm sure much better than I would have done a hike ;).