Tuesday, March 1, 2011

O turns 1

Our O turned 1 on 2/19/11. We had a pretty laid back day since the weather was poor and Brady had tests to study for, but I did venture to make a cake and not from a box(one of my few domestic urges). It was a banana cake with cream cheese frosting topped with pears and Brady and my mom liked it but that was about it. No one else tried it. It was funny to watch O.He liked the pears ok (which is why I put them on, he LOVES pears)Not the cake! His faces crack me up!
"Mom, please, enough pictures already!"
He did love to squish it at least :)
And he was ok with Ice Cream as well. There is no faking him out; he wants the real sugar.
He did pretty well opening his presents; he liked ripping the paper.
And yes we wrapped our presents to him in Christmas wrapping paper. From what I hear it's sort of an Okuda tradition. At least it is in our family; everything we wrap is in Christmas paper. It did the job though and O enjoys his new toys.





I cannot believe a year has passed since this little one entered our world. We are so blessed to have him.

Some 1yr facts: You stand and take independent steps, but are not "walking" yet. You jabber and talk like a wild man; you are pretty loud and definitely wont have trouble expressing yourself when you are older. You LOVE airplanes and point them out in the sky anytime you are outside. You are a pretty good eater though still little 29in and about 20lbs. You love watching basketball. You really are so fun and love to be outside and play games. You love Itsy Bitsy Spider when I sing it very fast while moving your arms. You're starting to climb or try to climb on everything. You blow kisses, and love to show off while playing on Grandpa Turner's pool table. You love your books especially the ones that make noise or the touch/feel books. I'm sure there is more, but most importantly you are so loved by your parents and extended family. So excited to see what the coming years bring.

No comments: