Monday, February 15, 2010

White Coat


The last Friday in January Brady had a White Coat Ceremony for Dental school. It was a neat ceremony and for the first time I felt a part of the dental school experience besides being bored while Brady studies all the live-long day. There were a few speakers then they walked across the stage and were "coated" and "pined." Then they read/recited the Dentist's Oath or whatever they call it. I had a great time and was not the least of all bored, which is odd. It was fun!



On a side note: no baby :( Brady was hoping for a Valentine's Day birth so that the kid would not have to celebrate it when he is older. "She would have to take him out because it's his birthday" Alas, it was not to be. He will have to celebrate Valentine's Day unless he can find a girl (like his mom) who thinks it is a stupid holiday. It seems like our bundle of joy will never come. My last dr appointment I was dilated 1 1/2 to 2cm which is not much of a difference from the previous 3weeks. I'm tired, can't sleep, uncomfortable, fat, sore, no true painful contractions, and just done with being pregnant. I miss my body. I have stopped hoping for him to come and have resigned myself to the likelihood of having to be induced. We have tried all the "tricks" to start labor (except the oil thing, I have to draw the line somewhere) and nothing works. Often I will feel a foot push out my side and a subsequent headbutt to the cervix (which hurts). It seems that he is ready, I am for sure ready, but my body just isn't cooperating. Frustrating! Actually, it really isn't THAT bad; I shouldn't complain. I'm not that big and uncomfortable, just over it. I am ready to meet my son and hold and hug him. Both Brady and I are! Let's be honest, it will be sooner than later. He can't stay in there forever. Can he?! :)

5 comments:

Kara said...

Hang in there! All moms know how you feel and the last few weeks are torture! All the sleepless nights are preparation for your baby though and it will be over soon enough. I'm sending a big hug your way for comfort =).

Kara said...

You're not even at your due date yet! And just so you know, if you plan on breastfeeding, you won't have your body back for a while :)Hang in there. Yes, he has to come out. You won't be pregnant forever! That's the beauty of it. The first few weeks will be hard and you might even be wishing you were pregnant again :) k, probably not. I'm thinking of you and hope all goes well with the delivery. I can't wait to see your little guy!!

scoot and sara said...

Yay for the white coat ceremony! That's fun! The last little bit of pregnancy is not fun at all but you're almost there! Closer than I am! I remember feeling like I coudln't remember what it was like to not be pregnant. Good luck with everything and keep me posted!!!

Jessica said...

You can do it! He will be here soon and you won't even remember feeling the way you do now:)

The San Diego Mills said...

I have meant to say congratulations for quite awhile now on being pregnant, sorry that it took me so long! I think you're an adorable pregnant lady, if that's any consolation! I'm excited to see your baby boy! Congrats again! (very belated, however!)