Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bummer!

Our condo was broken into and robbed yesterday. Let me tell you it is a bummer. The feeling of walking into your home and seeing things gone is very surreal. We got home from work/school and Brady went to unlock the door which turned out to be unnecessary as the thieves so kindly left it open for us. They jimmied the lock on our sliding glass door to get in. The policeman who came out said it wasn't hard for them at all to get in. So you all may want to put a stick or something in the door jam of your sliding glass door, so they have to break glass/make noise if they really want to get in. They didn't take too much, just our 42in flat screen, digital camera (so no pictures of Thanksgiving or my belly for a while, so sad, my belly is getting big), i-pod, most of my jewelry, some gift cards, and the weirdest thing of all, a laundry basket of Brady's clean clothes most of which were his dental school scrubs. What they want with his scrubs who knows. The basket was full too so its not like they used it as a carrying devise; besides they took 1pillowcase for that. It could have been much worse. All our furniture is still here. They didn't even take the DVD player. I like to think they started feeling bad when they looked in our office and saw a crib waiting to be put up and all the pictures of Jesus, but I doubt it. They didn't take our computer though so that was nice. I think they may have tried though but our desk protects it pretty well. It is the oddest feeling to think that criminals were in my house, my room. Very creepy!! What a great birthday present don't ya think. I have decided I want to move. So its on to trying to short sale this place. Any takers? :) Hopefully our mortgage companies will work with us. No worries though; it's just stuff. At least we weren't home and nobody was hurt. Who knows, maybe they lost their job and were desperate. Life is crazy sometimes. Be careful, its scary out there. :)

5 comments:

Lori Orr said...

Oh my word! I feel like I have heard of so many of my friends lately getting robbed in Vegas! What is the deal? I am so sorry, you two, but man, I'm so impressed with your attitude. Come on, don't people know not to mess with pregnant women!?

aubri said...

That's terrible!! I am SO sorry. I know that feeling all too well and it's hard to describe. I'm glad you're all okay, but still, it sucks! If you need a place to crash for a while, we have room here :)

Alexis Treese said...

Im so sorry, you must feel so violated, the idea of strangers being in your home.
I think youre right about the crib... maybe it was a father who felt he had to resort to breaking in and stealing others property to buy his kids those bikes they asked Santa for... but then he saw the crib and felt bad and left. OR maybe hes a druggie and karma will get him. Again, Im so sorry, beyond a bummer!

scoot and sara said...

I can't believe that! I am glad to hear that you guys are alright though. You should just move to Blanding :) It's the safest place in the whole US!

Jake & Candice Root said...

Oh Melissa! That is a horrible feeling! I'm so sorry! I agree about the crib too! No matter how horrible people can be sometimes, they still have a little heart left I like to think. But seriously NOT cool! You can move here if you want!!!