Sunday, May 31, 2009

0 to 4


So we were brave this past Memorial Day and decided to take the 4 older nieces to my Grandma's house in Overton for an overnighter without their parents! We went from zero to four kids ages 5, 4, 3, 2, which I might add is not the greatest of ideas, but we had fun! There is a reason most kids come one at a time! :) The girls were actually really well behaved. The only downer was they were so excited that they stayed up til 11pm-12am and then woke up at 5:30-6am!!! Why are kids so crazy?! They were so tired but would not take a nap. It was funny. They were so wiped out by the end of the day. I must say my grandma's house is the ultimate "grandma house" There is so much to do and yummy food! We took the girls to feed the fish at Echo Bay, rode the 4-wheeler, rode Pacho(the pony), went butterfly hunting, swung on the tire swing, jumped on the little trampoline onto the beanbag chair, played with the toys, and of course went to the ice cream store, The Inside Scoop. We had a great time being parents and were so happy to come home to the quiet where all we have to worry about is each other! It has been such a blessing to have this time just the two of us. Here are some pics from out day and a night. Would you believe we took 73 pictures while we were there. We went a little nuts, but at least it is documented. I decided to get this up now as I have not posted for many moons and am leaving for vacation tonight and will have to blog that when I get back. This will be the first real vacation Brady and I have taken by ourselves in our entire life together. Needless to say I am excited! Vacation is a great thing. Helping reconnect to ones self, each other, and it helps me at least put life into perspective and I am ready to focus on what is really important when I get back to reality! Here is to the next week of bliss!
Watching Bambi not settling down

They loved Pacho, but Roxy would not ride him so no picture for her.

They all rode the 4-wheeler and LOVED it. This is one of the few things they asked to do more than once.

Here are our butterfly catchers and the poor thing they caught. The girls broke the wing so it could not fly anymore and it eventually died after my grandma's dog sat on it.

The beloved tire swing. I think this was everyone's favorite.

These fish are so creepy, but I love to feed them popcorn. It is one of my favorite grandparent memories!

As is the Inside Scoop. My grandpa was known as "Grandpa Ice Cream" because he would always take us grandkids there when we came to visit. Very special place to me. :)

We had such a great time and I can't wait until I can take my kids to Grandma Turner's

The BEST place on earth! :)

4 comments:

aubri said...

Oh my gosh, you guys ARE brave but also the BEST Auntie and Uncle EVER!!! Seriously, how fun! And I'm sure it's something they will always remember (as well as their parents!). You got some of the cutest pictures, too! Have SO much fun on your cruise! I can't wait to hear all about it when you guys get back!!

Okuda Family said...

You guys are awesome. Thanks for taking the girlys. They can't wait to go back NEXT YEAR!!! BTW- isn't Kennedy a little picture poser!?

scoot and sara said...

How fun! Your grandma's is such a fun place. Hopefully takin on all those girls didn't cure your baby hunger! Have fun on your cruise. I'm SO jealous!

Jessica said...

This is really cute and looks like it was a blast!